A massive nationally-famous band played last night, and I worked. The pub I was at (#2) was dead... the pub I ended up at after work to "relax" was ABOVE capacity, acting as a nightclub, security and all.
And they had 4 new staff.
FOUR.
on a night like that.
So, the bar was packed, the new staff were panicking, my boss was stressing, they were running out of glasses... so I jumped the bar like a fucking ninja and worked for 4 hours helping the new staff out. New staff aren't that bad, and it's good for them on a busy night, but they couldn't handle this and my boss needed to be out doing manager things, not being a barman, so me jumping in free'd him up to do his actual job. These guys weren't useless, but let's break them down;
(k) is new female barstaff. I can't see why they hired her, no experience and she's not the most attractive girl. She's also rather large (not good behind a bar running into people), a little slow and a little aloof, but she's getting it.
(j) is a VERY competent bar guy, who wouldn't stop grabbing my ass and asking me to fuck him on the bar all night. Cockiest little prick I've ever met. Good looking and he KNOWS it, fast, clever, fun to work with and the girls love him.. plus he knows his drinks. VERY good value and a great hire.
(s) is gonna be good value.. tall, charming, good looking. Not fast or high-energy, but did really well for his first night.
(p) is the new closing manager. Fuck P. /end
but the upsetting thing is, after an awesome night of unpaid labor and feeling great for helping out, when the bar got quiet I jumped out and one of the older female staff dumps a Jack and Coke in front of me.. which was obviously 4 or 5 shots. And I got through a fair chunk of that bottle.
Why? Cos manager was being an asshole.
So when the older staff member, B, and I left and dropped my car off, he called me back. And we sat in that pub for an hour and talked.
The basics are; people still know we're fucking. His ex sent him a facebook message crying to him about it (he left her to persue me). He's upset that I get so upset when he rejects me for being so tired (fair enough, the guy gets about 3 hours sleep a night and works 50 hour weeks). He said how he likes me but not in that way, and that's when I cracked it.
"What the FUCK is wrong with me that you wouldn't want me?"
"Nothing, you're amazing."
"Then what the FUCK is it?"
"Well.."
Age.
Faith.
"if I was a Christian that wouldn't change a fucking thing."
"Yes, it would, it'd change everything.."
For fuck sake.
I had to go. It was hard.
He hugs me and asks what I'm doing Wednesday.
"Nothing."
"We'll go out and talk about this then."
"Okay."
I'm working with him tonight for 2 hours... I'm going to have to chill the fuck out and he's going to have to man up and be a bit nicer to me.
hint: don't screw the crew.
About "sloe"
An early 90's woman juggling full-time work between two bars, and fulltime study during the day. Regular lack of sleep, (classy) raunchy mixups with coworkers and patrons, and tales from behind the glamorous world of the bartender. Here you will find my stories and day to day work pains, secrets and hi-tale non-fiction erotica.
Terms:
Bar 1# - my first bar job. Minimal shifts, but quiet and perfect for Sunday's. Balancing waitressing, and being main female bartender. Oh, I've also had hot bar sex with my manager here.
Bar #2 - my main bar job. Consisting of full-time night hours, 7-13 hour shifts. Famous bar and tourist attraction, a "cowboy" bar.
Followers
Blog Archive
Blogroll
Labels
bartending
(2)
bad parts
(1)
bartenders
(1)
bartending look and fashion
(1)
beginner
(1)
explaination
(1)
first night
(1)
how to get a bartending job
(1)
insider stuff
(1)
insomnia
(1)
long hours
(1)
relationships
(1)
resumes
(1)
shift
(1)
shifts
(1)
sleeping with your boss
(1)
trial
(1)
uncatagorised
(1)
QuikFaq.
1) 20 years old.
2) full-time day study.
3) 2 night jobs, fulltime hours.
Saturday, 19 November 2011
Posted by sloe. (Swing-inn bartender journals) at 1:50 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment