Friday nights are DJ night.

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Today is Saturday morning, which, naturally, means yesterday was Friday. Friday's are generally my days/nights off, more often than not. It's my one taste of weekend. So I was pretty pumped to have a good night lined up; get dressed up, go to the gig that was on (a local band), and have a good relaxed night. Just as I'm about to go, I get a phone call. Manager of bar #1 needs someone to close with. I get there by 8 and survey the bar.

The new duty manager is there, leaning against the fridge while patrons are waiting to be served. He's ignoring them. I quickly serve everyone and snap at him, which isn't hard, the guy is 5 foot nothing and I have at least 4 inches on his hight. The OTHER managers are all 6'4" and don't slack around, but I have nothing but disdain for this guy. It's only his third shift AND he's an ex patron.

So I got to work with my boss. My lovely, fuckable boss. For the first shift since the weirdness we had after our interwork relations (ie, fucking on the bar). Casually we say our hellos, and get to work. It wasn't particularly busy, just steady all night. With a fucking terrible DJ. Drunks don't mind, though, that's the beauty of it.  I sussed out the boss, it all seemed good between us, so I was workin' with a smile on my face all night.

But I digress, let's continue on this new manager. Fucking asshole. Well, that's not true, he's just a bit clueless. He's (my boss's) replacement as (shitkicker) duty manager. He doesn't get the fuck out of your way. He doesn't keep glasses in separate trays. He doesn't clean. He doesn't wash. He sits down a lot. He doesn't FIND something to do. He talks to his mates all night. He forgets to count the tils. He's short, anything but manager material and virtually useless. I have no respect for him whatsoever, so he'd better earn it... otherwise he'll get no co-operation from me or any of the other girls. He's the most useless bar guy I've ever witnessed, I'd have trouble even seeing him as a kitchen hand. But nothing could dull my good mood; not even the one staff member I can't manage to get along with, a girl I used to work with last year in retail. She may be pretty but she's one hell of a rude little cow. But, for those aspiring to be behind the bar, this is the sort of thing you'll find yourself dreading working certain shifts for. Thankfully for me, she was in the kitchen.

The shift went smoothly, only 6 hours (til 2am). The only minor deviation from "good clean shift" was the group of footballers who came in, thankful to have finished uni no doubt. Reasonably polite until we slammed a few beers and cocktails into them, they ended up being the last in the establishment, at which point it was time for them to go and us to close. I kicked them all out and we closed the bar down. When a bar closes, staff generally hang out a bit, blast the music and get our stuff finished, then sign out and go. But last night there were a few staff and ex staff hanging around drinking after closing, so one of the ex staff members, (part of the group of said rowdy boys) slid next to me. The scene is simple"

I'm cleaning the bar and gathering beer mats. My (fuckbuddy) manager is counting tils, and the chef is talking to him. This rowdy drunk who I've never worked with slides next to me and says "hey, my friend wants to bone you." In those words. "Best of luck to him", and keep cleaning. Boss is looking my way casually checking if I'm okay with this, but this kid keeps talking. And talking. And getting ruder. My manager is getting antsy but wants to let me handle it myself, so the chef calls me over with some inaudible request for help with the computer, saving me from this drunks dribble. Manager gets him out, we lock the doors, and we're done.

The chef leaves and it's just (boss) and me. I look at him, and he knows exactly what I want. "Not tonight. I'm tired." Fuck, really?!

"You're never tired, (manager.)"
"You know I'm ALWAYS tired. Better than anyone, actually."
"... well what the fuck are you like energised?!"
"(he grins) maybe one day you'll find out."

I'm still a little concerned about where this all leaves me. After his very firm "no" 2 weeks ago, then our slip up last Saturday, I had no idea what was going on.

"What the fuck is going on?"

That should do it.
He sighs and I can really see the strain of politeness and stress on him. He wasn't just being an asshole, he was legitimately tired.

"We already spoke about this" he grunts. "No we haven't!" I quickly pipe up -- I don't wanna leave here in a bad mood, but I do want to get this sorted. "Are we on or are we off?"

"We're on. Just not tonight."

I digest this and accept it. Not happy but I can tolerate that. It's better than what it could be.

"What happened before, then? You said no now it's yes, what happened?"
"to be honest, I got sick of feeling bad about myself."

He used to like me, you know. The first 3-4 times we hooked up in my car, he'd say "I really like you", and he'd be intrigued.  But I didn't feel the same, I spilled a lot of my previous bad experiences out on him, and attraction on a deeper level was gone. Chemistry is crazy, though. Fuck.

I lean over his shoulder and whisper, sultry and quiet...

"those cameras still on?" "Yep."
"no chance?" "Nope."
"Not even if I suck your big, thick hard cock?" "Nope."
"Ride your hard dick slow and deep?" "Nope."

I smile and laugh to show I'm not going to storm off and be a bitch, a genuine smile too.

"How about tomorrow?"
"Yeah, call me."

We'll see how this goes tonight with him. Keen for it.

Afterwards, I went to the local nightclub to catch up with my favorite security guards. By now it's 3am and my second wind is kicking in, so I walk to the door and smile up at my favorite guard; a tall, built married man who plays guiiitaaar. We've had our flirt fests. On Facebook once he forgot to remove the flirting and got busted, so now we only ever talk in "real life." Spent a good hour just talking to the man and watching the (drunks I helped MAKE drunk) leave. When I was set to go for the drive home, he hugs me, and as he pulls away his hand drops to my ass and squeezes. Man, I've missed having flirt buddies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment