... Is looking pretty slow. Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.
This is pretty average for a bartender, though. I'm always on call, usually getting a Friday night or odd trivia night (Tuesday). However, money wise, I'll probably bring in $450/500 this week for those three shifts, so it's not a big deal. Of course this depends on likely hours.
I actually really like Sunday shifts, no one else does. They're quiet and relaxed and I can get everything done without blowing my top. I get to work with my favorite manager. We get along pretty well. Yesterday during a slow, happy MAX audio shift, we even played scissor paper rock to see who'd get the job to clean the tables. We both cheated to try and get the job.
Thankfully this means I can polish some assignments I've been pushing off! I don't mind working long hours plus full-time study, it pays for everything, but I'd rather work than study no matter what day or time it is. I hate how tedious and undemanding study is.
Yuk.
About "sloe"
An early 90's woman juggling full-time work between two bars, and fulltime study during the day. Regular lack of sleep, (classy) raunchy mixups with coworkers and patrons, and tales from behind the glamorous world of the bartender. Here you will find my stories and day to day work pains, secrets and hi-tale non-fiction erotica.
Terms:
Bar 1# - my first bar job. Minimal shifts, but quiet and perfect for Sunday's. Balancing waitressing, and being main female bartender. Oh, I've also had hot bar sex with my manager here.
Bar #2 - my main bar job. Consisting of full-time night hours, 7-13 hour shifts. Famous bar and tourist attraction, a "cowboy" bar.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(18)
-
▼
October
(10)
- I don't get sick of this.
- 9 hour shift.
- Friday nights are DJ night.
- I'm being pestered by work opportunities.
- This weeks roster..
- I wonder if I can claim a Jim Beam bikini on tax.
- r rated.
- 10 things other bartenders don't tell you.
- 26 hour weekend.
- So let's cut to the (lemon garnish) chase here. I'...
-
▼
October
(10)
Blogroll
Labels
bartending
(2)
bad parts
(1)
bartenders
(1)
bartending look and fashion
(1)
beginner
(1)
explaination
(1)
first night
(1)
how to get a bartending job
(1)
insider stuff
(1)
insomnia
(1)
long hours
(1)
relationships
(1)
resumes
(1)
shift
(1)
shifts
(1)
sleeping with your boss
(1)
trial
(1)
uncatagorised
(1)
QuikFaq.
1) 20 years old.
2) full-time day study.
3) 2 night jobs, fulltime hours.
This weeks roster..
Monday, 24 October 2011
Posted by sloe. (Swing-inn bartender journals) at 4:09 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment