One of my favorite parts of this job is the uniform.
My uniform for Bar #1 is pretty standard; any supported liquor/beer shirts, preferably in black, and black bottoms; in summer this can include shorts.
Bar #2 is similar, but they prefer ALL black. So Jack Daniel's shirts and shorts it is.
So, just cruisin' on eBay looking for some cheap merch. This is always good fun, even though it's just branding. I feel a bit like a walking billboard sometimes, but I don't mind advertising my favorite brands over my breasts; Corona, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's.
Being a woman, a typical woman, I do like to look a little hot while I'm behind a bar. It's just like acting, you have to look the part. Now, even if you look like Quasimodo, behind the bar you WILL get hit on. There's something special about the woman who serves you alcohol. I have a pretty average routine for looking good for the bar; it's a little glamor, a little rockchick, all bartender.
I wear my hair loose and in long waves, in either a side or a middle part. I'm fortunate enough to not have OH&S on my ass for loose (non-tied up) hair, which is a benefit. I use a curling iron and a flat iron to get a mix of tight ringlets and big, loose Vic Secret curls. I keep my bangs straight and choppy layers. I got lucky on my natural hair colour, I'm a few shades off black and under the bar light instead of throwing chestnut or red or blue off the highlights, I throw ash, which looks very cool under the bar lights.
Makeup is simple. After a concealer and foundation, I use liquid eyeliner to rim my upper lids with decent length wings on the side. I curl my lashes and apply mascara. A little lip gloss and that's my makeup and hair done.
For pants, I'll either wear black tights (on cooler nights) or black denim shorts/Jim Beam shorts with a belt and or belt buckle.
Shoes I go easy on. Bar #2 allows heels, #1 doesn't. It's a mix of nothing special.
I keep jewelry to a minimum cos you will lose/trip/swallow them. I wear no rings, no necklaces, no bangles, only my tongue bar. I've seen girls drop jewelry into drinks. The scramble isn't worth the pain.
Oh, my favorite accessory?
Deep heat gel.
Lots of it.
About "sloe"
An early 90's woman juggling full-time work between two bars, and fulltime study during the day. Regular lack of sleep, (classy) raunchy mixups with coworkers and patrons, and tales from behind the glamorous world of the bartender. Here you will find my stories and day to day work pains, secrets and hi-tale non-fiction erotica.
Terms:
Bar 1# - my first bar job. Minimal shifts, but quiet and perfect for Sunday's. Balancing waitressing, and being main female bartender. Oh, I've also had hot bar sex with my manager here.
Bar #2 - my main bar job. Consisting of full-time night hours, 7-13 hour shifts. Famous bar and tourist attraction, a "cowboy" bar.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(18)
-
▼
October
(10)
- I don't get sick of this.
- 9 hour shift.
- Friday nights are DJ night.
- I'm being pestered by work opportunities.
- This weeks roster..
- I wonder if I can claim a Jim Beam bikini on tax.
- r rated.
- 10 things other bartenders don't tell you.
- 26 hour weekend.
- So let's cut to the (lemon garnish) chase here. I'...
-
▼
October
(10)
Blogroll
Labels
bartending
(2)
bad parts
(1)
bartenders
(1)
bartending look and fashion
(1)
beginner
(1)
explaination
(1)
first night
(1)
how to get a bartending job
(1)
insider stuff
(1)
insomnia
(1)
long hours
(1)
relationships
(1)
resumes
(1)
shift
(1)
shifts
(1)
sleeping with your boss
(1)
trial
(1)
uncatagorised
(1)
QuikFaq.
1) 20 years old.
2) full-time day study.
3) 2 night jobs, fulltime hours.
I wonder if I can claim a Jim Beam bikini on tax.
Monday, 24 October 2011
Labels:
bartending look and fashion
Posted by sloe. (Swing-inn bartender journals) at 3:29 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment